Waiting for the storm...

| on
January 26, 2015
I've got to admit, I'm not a big fan of winter.  Cold weather is fine, as long as I've got my wooly wear, but the intense storms with the power outages and super deep snow drifts, yuck.

Mom and me are making lists for our two households, getting ready for the big storm heading up the Eastern coast of the US.  Water, candles, matches, making sure laundry is done and the cupboards are stocked.

Ugh.  A slow moving, super snow-dumper storm.  That's what the morning news just called it.  Yay! :P

Okay, it's not all so bad.  I do have my latest hat design to work on.  Plus I'm tweaking the write-up of a hat pattern I started in the fall. 

Here is a few pictures from winter 2013/2014.  Look Ma, I found my van!  Literally. 


How about a BBQ?  Oh yeah, we can't find it.  Wait!  I think that's it!


Notice how the snow drift is blowing over the deck rail.  The top of that railing is over 8 feet from the ground.  Zora, my silly dog, stood on top of that drift just after I took this picture and licked the lid of the BBQ.  I thought here tongue would stick, but thank goodness, that did not happen.

So, I'm off to do more laundry, call Mom back and head into the local city to get the odds and ends that make living without electricity for a few days easier. 

Stay warm, my friends!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment