From Iceland With Love... Wool!

| on
April 28, 2015
Yesterday I had the best surprise!  My mail lady brought to my door a package from The Icelandic Store, one of my most favourite yarn shops in the world!  Literally.  I had visited it on my yarn cruise in 2014.  I ADORE Iceland.  And I adore their yarn.

Lylie, my little sweetie-pie helped me, erm, "open" the package.  More like destroy it in my haste to get at that wool!  Zora, our lovable but nutty lab, gave it the sniff test and I am happy to say it got a wag of approval for being sufficiently "sheepy." Aren't these colours beautiful?



A couple of weeks ago, I read on Kate Davies blog about the Hap-Along being hosted by KnitBritish.  Shawls are not really my thing.  Not that I don't like them, in fact, I love shawls, but I never gave myself the time to knit them.  Too busy designing hats and socks.  Now, I've got a hankering to design a shawl, so what to do?  Why knit a few, of course.  About time!

As you know,  I joined a mystery shawl knit along by the designer Rosemary(Romi) Hill.  It is progressing swimmingly and I'm having a ball.  The juxtaposition of lace with increases, decreases, garter stitch and colour is stunning.  Romi knows her stuff!  It is so hard to wait for Friday to receive the next part of the pattern, or "clue."  Enter the Hap-Along.

(This is new for me.  The idea of having more than one project on the go is strange for me; I'm a monogamous knitter.  And for them to be shawls?  Decadent!)

What hap shall go on my needles?  Hansel (Half Version) by Gudrun Johnston.  I love the colours and as soon as I saw the pattern, I knew it had to be knit in Icelandic Einband Wool.


Now I cannot wait to finish this weeks clue for the MKAL so I can cast on this version of Hansel.   It will be my go-to shawl for the summer!  Can't you just see it with a strappy tank top with jean cut offs?  Or a cute little skirt...

What's on your needles this week?
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment